I’ve not been able to get out much over the past two days, but I managed to go for a short walk with the dogs and picked up some litter.
A while ago I wrote about the danger to wildlife that balloons cause when they are released in to the air, not only littering but killing wildlife that eats them or gets tangled up in the string. The RSPCA have a brilliant PDF with alternative suggestions.
I found all these pieces of litter on the road side. They have probably been thrown out of passing cars which is just lazy.
Cans and bottles can also be not only harmful to wildlife, but to cats and dogs.
Google videos and look at a few to see what they do!
Chewing gum is another issue, wildlife can eat it or smaller birds and animals can get stuck in it. Chewing gum contains xylitol which is poisonous to dogs.
Please take your rubbish home.