About a week ago we noticed that something was living in the shed, behind the lawnmower.
I put some seed and my trail camera out, and discovered that it was a bank vole
- Bank voles are a small mammal with red-brown fur and some grey patches.
- Its tail is about half as long as its body, around 3-7 cm. Its whole body is around 9 to 11 cm in length.
- Average life span is 6 to 18 months
- They have a top speed of 9km per hour and they forage over distances up to 50 metres
- Bank voles are active during both the day and night.
- They are good at climbing
- They have their young between April and October.
- They have 3 to 5 young but half won’t make it to 4 months old.